[hsflinux] Kernel 2.6.0 final

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 20:01:19 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:54 am, Marcus Better wrote:
> I have not been able to use the HSF driver with kernel 2.6.0 (release, not
> the test series). It seems to compile but fails to dial. Any fixes
> available?

I have reported this to Linuxant support, but have yet to get a substantive
response (they clearly have not tested 2.6.0 as you will see from the
response you got from them earlier today).

If you install the modules by hand using modprobe, you will probably find it
works (it does with me).  I have included the following in my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local initiation file (your distribution may have rc.local in a
different location):

KERNEL=$(uname -r | cut -b 1-4)
if [ $KERNEL = "2.6." ] ; then
/sbin/modprobe hsfpcibasic2
/sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ich
/sbin/modprobe hsfmc97via
/sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ali
fi

The reason for the test for kernel 2.6 is that the modules load correctly
using 2.4 (so you don't need to load them by hand at boot time).

Does this work for you?

Chris