[hsflinux] Strange problem with my modem

Paul Rolland rol at as2917.net
Tue Dec 30 11:35:29 EST 2003

One quick question : when you say :

> every time
> I disconnect, the modem doesn't know that it is disconnected
> (ie, it doesn't
> hang up). Namely, the next times I try to connect, the modem
> says it's busy

Are you sure that the modem is sent the "disconnect" command
(namely ATH) ?

I've been using vwdial long ago, and I know that it is possible
to have everything logged, the commands sent and the answers
received.
This could be a first step to understand what's going on.
What's more, there's in the software package, a "diagnostic" feature
that dumps your configuration and gives all the details.
This should help the diagnostic.

Regards,
Paul