[hsflinux] Problems during the update

gustavomds at mailbr.com.br gustavomds at mailbr.com.br
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

I uninstalled the old driver to install the new version
4.06.06.02mbsibeta02042200, and during the installation I received some
errors and my modem don't work.
I listed below the problem...

[root at localhost sbin]# hsfconfig
Linux HSF softmodem drivers, version 4.06.06.02mbsibeta02042200

WARNING: this is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA VERSION of the HSF drivers for
Linux.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! See the file /usr/lib/hsf/LICENSE for details.

Conexant Systems neither distributes nor maintains this package.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CONEXANT REGARDING THIS SOFTWARE!!!
If you require assistance or need more information, go to:
	      http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv

Should we attempt to automatically configure your hardware? [yes] yes

Selected PCI VendorID=14F1 DeviceID=2045
and INF file /etc/hsf/inf/linux_smarthsf.inf

Supported countries:

AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA,
CANADA, CHINA, CROATIA, CZECH, DENMARK,
FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG-KONG,
HUNGARY, ICELAND, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRELAND,
ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, KOREA, LUXEMBOURG,
MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NETHERLAND, NEW_ZEALAND, NORWAY,
PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, RUSSIA, SINGAPORE,
SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH_AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN,
SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THAILAND, TURKEY, UK,
UNITED_ARAB_EMIRATES, USA

Please enter your country name [USA]: USA

Configuring modem for country: "USA"
You can change this setting later with the command "hsfconfig --country"

Pre-built HSF modules that seem compatible with your system were found
under
/usr/lib/hsf/modules/binaries/i586/RedHat/linux-2.4.7-10.
Would you like to use them? [yes] yes
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols
in /usr/lib/hsf/modules/binaries/i586/RedHat/linux-2.4.7-10/hsfosspec.o
depmod: 	irq_stat_R757431be
depmod: 	filp_close_R0b5aaecb
depmod: 	filp_open_Rc5b4bd9a
depmod: 	default_llseek_Rd09d44df
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols
in /usr/lib/hsf/modules/binaries/i586/RedHat/linux-2.4.7-10/hsfserial.o
depmod: 	tty_unregister_driver_R7fb6c97b
depmod: 	tty_register_devfs_R30ca4443
depmod: 	tty_wait_until_sent_R73dbdfbe
depmod: 	remove_wait_queue_R5dd17b04
depmod: 	tty_flip_buffer_push_Rb6365a9c
depmod: 	add_wait_queue_Rb24dbe69
depmod: 	tty_get_baud_rate_R97f3d1fe
depmod: 	tty_register_driver_Rfca76995
depmod: 	tty_hung_up_p_R41153800
depmod: 	tty_hangup_Rb1716f05

Your HSF modem should now be accessible as /dev/ttyHSF0
or through the symbolic link /dev/modem.

[root at localhost sbin]#

Ps: My vendor id and device id is correct and i have installed on my
computer all kernel headers, source, gcc, ... I use Red hat 7.2 with
kernel 2.4.7-10

Thanks

Gustavo Dias
Brazil

iBEST - Internet com alta qualidade de conexão.
GANHE ACESSO GRATUITO à Internet do iBEST em
http://discador.ibest.com.br