[hsflinux] Compile refuse HSFi linmodem

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

hsflinmodem-5.03.03.01mbsibeta02050500

Hallo list,

Since I found the HSF site in February last, every attempt at installing
the HSFi driver on my Compaq 700EA Presario with Connexant modem has
failed.

I've browsed through the list and found a couple of others with the same
problem.

I have a self-compiled 2.4.18 kernel running on RH 7.2 and noted a
remark from Marc Boucher that the compile will only work with Red Hat's
sources - my sources come from a mirror of kernel.org.

Can this really be right???? I've patched a lot of specific code (ACPI,
ac97_codec, iptables, FreeS/WAN VPN) and am loathe to have to start all
over again and rely on Red Hat for my salvation.

These are the indicators that I get:

When running hsfconfig:
-------------
No pre-built HSF modules are available for your exact kernel:
linux-2.4.18-i686-RedHat-7.2-MODVERS
------------
Re-compiling HSF modules for kernel 2.4.18, using source directory
/lib/modules/2.4.18/build. Please wait..

ERROR: Module re-compilation and installation failed!
Please examine the log file "/tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12102" to
determine why.
feil: execution of %post scriptlet from
hsflinmodem-4.06.06.02mbsibeta02012000-1 failed, exit status 1
------------

The 2nd to last line of /tmp//tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12102 is:

make: expand.c:489: allocated_variable_append: Assumption (assertion)
«current_variable_set_list->next != 0» failed.
-------------

Does Marc or anyone else have a workaround?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981