[hsflinux] Compile refuse HSFi linmodem

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

Hallo list,

Since I found the HSF site in February last, every attempt at installing
the HSFi driver on my Compaq 700EA Presario with Connexant modem has

I've browsed through the list and found a couple of others with the same

I have a self-compiled 2.4.18 kernel running on RH 7.2 and noted a
remark from Marc Boucher that the compile will only work with Red Hat's
sources - my sources come from a mirror of kernel.org.

Can this really be right???? I've patched a lot of specific code (ACPI,
ac97_codec, iptables, FreeS/WAN VPN) and am loathe to have to start all
over again and rely on Red Hat for my salvation.

These are the indicators that I get:

When running hsfconfig:
No pre-built HSF modules are available for your exact kernel:
Re-compiling HSF modules for kernel 2.4.18, using source directory
/lib/modules/2.4.18/build. Please wait..

ERROR: Module re-compilation and installation failed!
Please examine the log file "/tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12102" to
determine why.
feil: execution of %post scriptlet from
hsflinmodem- failed, exit status 1

The 2nd to last line of /tmp//tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12102 is:

make: expand.c:489: allocated_variable_append: Assumption (assertion)
«current_variable_set_list->next != 0» failed.

Does Marc or anyone else have a workaround?

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981