[hsflinux] Can anyone please help? Egh.

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2002-06-22 kl. 00:11 skrev Rodney _meff_ Gordon II:

> I'm sitting here on a 9600 modem and it's driving me insane.. Marc,
> any ideas, or anyone why my modem won't negotiate with any other
> modems? It is a HSF modem on my Dell Inspiron, you can find the
> diaginfo at http://www.rm-r.net/~meff/hsfdiag.txt.gz

Rodney,

Your vendor id -> 8086:2486

There has been a number lot of people writing to this list about
Inspirons with more or less your model number. No one's reported success
with Conexant drivers. Similar for Toshiba.

If you go to the following url, you'll see that you most probably have a
Lucent modem, not a Conexant modem.

I've previously used the Lucent Linmodem driver for a Compaq Armada 110
and it worked well, sound and al,, so at least the Linux Lucent drivers
*work*.

Why don't you check out the url?

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981