[hsflinux] the newest driver does NOT work for kernel 2.4.19-pre10

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

ons, 2002-07-10 kl. 18:45 skrev Xiong Quanren:

> I downloaded the hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02062500.tar.gz, compiled
> it for my kernel, installed them using hsfconfig.
> And I even got my modem to dial my ISP phone number, and exchanged
> password.

Looks as if the modem's working then.

> But after that pppd died. the /var/log/messages says:
> "modproble: Can't locate module irlan0

According to my 6 cats (furry kind), this is what they use for their
infra red drivers. The 4 of them that have infra red laptops, that is.

So it doesn't have anything to do with the modem.

> pppd: Baud rate for /dev/ttySHSF0 is 0; need explicit baud rate.
> pppd: Exit.

O.k., what software do you use to initiate pppd and manage your
connection (like wvdial, kppp, rp3 etc. etc.), and what baud rate have
you told it to use?

> I am running redhat7.2, kernel 2.4.19-pre10, pppd version 2.4.1B
> Anyone knows what's going on here

No idea. But in as much as the reported baud rate for your configured
modem is zero, and in as much as pppd is telling you it has to have an
explicite baud rate, ...

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981