[hsflinux] Help

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-07-25 kl. 13:58 skrev Paul Guzowski:

> Have a Sony VAIO FX250 with a Conexant-Ambit Soft56k modem installed and
> running Mandrake 8.2 (2.4.18-6mdk).  Marc's kernel-specific RPM installs
> fine and when I query the modem with KPPP dialer, the modem is found and
> the correct ATI results returned.  When I dial out, everything goes fine
> until the system actually tries to dial the number at which time the
> PS-2 mouse I use freezes and nothing else seems to happen.  I cannot
> find any IRQ conflicts.  Any ideas?

Some people report their hardware accurately.

Some Sony users consult http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/sony.html

Some users have found consulting the archives of this mailing list for
the last couple of months more than useful.

Some users swear by compiling their own 2.4.18 kernel.org kernel with
APCI support (me, apart from others, but then I've got a Compaq
Presario).

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981