[hsflinux] Problems on Sony Vaio PCG-FX601

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2002-08-03 kl. 09:42 skrev marcogi at libero.it:

> I use debian unstable with self compiled 2.4.18 kernel.
> gcc version is: 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease) with which I
> compiled kernel and hsf modules.
> ACPI, USB and Audio support are enabled, no patch used.

Myself I have a Compaq AMP, so I can only comment vaguely. However, VAIO
people who've done the same have reported success.

What does "self compiled" mean in this case? Debian's source, or
kernel.org source?

I can only repeat that kernel.org source works for many. Including me.
Full ACPI patches, including kcpi, must be carried out on 2.4.18 and as
far as I'm concerned, 2.4.18 is the last kernel that works. This is all
handwork, sorry - no alternative :-(

> hsfbasic2, hsfich and hsfyukon are not auto loaded by modprobe.

> Manualy post loading these modules doesn't helps (I'll try to pre load
> they next time).

Generally, the hsf utility loads the modules it needs. It certainly
doesn't need all the modules in the misc directory. Of the modules you
report that it doesn't load, hsfbasic2 is the only one I have (though I
have others present).

> Some days ago hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02072100 was out. I got it
> and installed with no problems.
> But with these drivers I'm not able to connect to my ISP.

This particular one was a disaster as far as my machine was concerned
and I had to go back to hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02061700-1.

I reported this, but there's been no comment.

> Someone can help?

Don't know. I can only report what works for me on my machine and
kernel. However, perhaps you'd like to look up Eva <eva at megaphone.org>
on this list, July 20th last.

Very best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981