No subject

Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

potential problems, so I connected directly to my ISP using minicom, and
then just left it connected.  After the usual time (~5mins) it disconnected
'NO CARRIER'.
AT#UD had 'Termination Cause' as 'DisconnectFrameReceived'.

I also have an older PCMCIA modem which I connected to the ISP with, and was
able to stay connected with no problems.

So, finally after reading Gabriele Zugliani's mail. I decided to test the
theory about it relating to the audio device, and I'm now connected for
40mins, using a Kernel with no audio driver.

So it is, in my opinion, directly related to the audio card/driver.  Any
ideas where I can go from here?  Is there a way I can verify that it is an
audio driver issue affecting the modem, or vice versa?

Bye for now!

Richard

Details:
Sony VAIO GRX316MP

lspci:
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio
(rev 02)
00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem (rev 02)

lspci -v
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio
(rev 02)
        Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
        I/O ports at 1c00 [size=256]
        I/O ports at 18c0 [size=64]

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem (rev 02) (prog-if 00
[Generic])
        Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
        I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
        I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]

hsf/config:
hsfconf_countryName="IRELAND"
hsfconf_countryT35c="57,00"
hsfconf_vendorId="8086"
hsfconf_deviceId="2486"
hsfconf_infFile="/etc/hsf/inf/linux_intel_smartmc.inf"
hsfconf_firmFile=""