[hsflinux] pppd help

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

ons, 2002-10-16 kl. 22:56 skrev Tony Earnshaw:

> What lousy mail client are you using?

One single line for the whole message. How are people supposed to read
that sort of thing?

> It isn't ppp0 that's supposed to be the gateway, it's the node it's
> connected to by ppp, at the other end that's supposed to be the gateway.

> You shouldn't be able to see ppp0 with root -n (netstat -rn), you should
> be able to see it with ifconfig/ifconfig -a.

That should have been 'route -n', of course.

> It doesn't make a halfpenny worth of difference whether your protocol is
> CHAP or PAP _ as long as you can ping something on the other side, your
> modem is working. Now fix your gateway

Sorry about my bad temper. I have 'flu or something and should be doing
something else than this.

Nevertheless, it still applies.

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl