[hsflinux] Re: Modem dies during file uploads?

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tir, 2002-11-12 kl. 15:00 skrev Dan Engel:

> Sorry, perhaps you have me confused with somebody?

It's all those people called Daniel with names that could possibly be
Swedish :c) Sorry.

> The problem I'm
> referring to is the "Modem dies during file uploads."  Although, I'm not
> sure it's the same problem I'm seeing.  Here is the symptom:

I used to have this problem myself, with versions after the June 25th
version, but don't any longer with the new drivers. That's the point and
that's why I answered you with the result test that I carried out with
the 02110301 hsf driver, yesterday evening.

However, since my machine and kernel are most probably both different
from yours (I have a Compaq 700EA with VIA HSF and kernel.org 2.4.19
ACPI), there can be no corelation.

> Assuming that this is the same problem described in the post from Gwyn
> Morfey, 21 Oct, the reason I wondered if it was fixed is that Marc
> posted a message on Oct 22 that he would look into the problem when he
> returned to the office.  I haven't seen anything since then in the
> ChangeLog indicating any activity on it.

Looks like Marc still has to come back to the office.

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl