[hsflinux] HSF Modem couldnot be installed on Mandrake 9.0

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-11-14 kl. 12:25 skrev Vellimalai Karuppanan:

> I am a new to Linux world. My system configurations is an Athlon XP-1800 with PCI modem. the modem is recognized as a softek modem in windows O/S. The modem is manufactured by CONEXANT. From the manufacturer site when i try to search for the drivers i was redirected to this site.
> I want to change my O/S to Linux and learn it more. I installed Mandrake 9.0. The O/S couldn't recognize the modem automatically and i downloaded the HSF modem drivers and installed. I could do the installation successful and it says the modem will be identified as
> /dev/ttySHSF0.
> When I went to the /dev directory I couldn't locate any such file. When i use the default modem as /ttyS0, I get the modem not responding message.
> Can you guys please help me on how to come out of this and load the modem in Mandrake Linux.

Well, the first thing you can do, is in a terminal to enter 'lspci -v'
and then 'lspci -vn' and then copy 'n paste and then send the result to
this list.

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl