[hsflinux] Modem dies ...

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-11-14 kl. 14:16 skrev Colin Pegrum:

> I've watched the mail about modems dying ... I too had this problem
> earlier, which seemed to only happen when running on batteries - went
> away on mains.

A single case.

> Typically would only tolerate FTP or data transfer for
> WWW in chunks of 50k or so

____O/___
    O\

> Something to do with power control for the modem?

What does "typical" mean? More than 50% of all cases? Then consult the
mail archives from May this year onwards.

What is your exact problem? You don't say.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl