[hsflinux] Modem dies ...

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-11-14 kl. 14:16 skrev Colin Pegrum:

> I've watched the mail about modems dying ... I too had this problem
> earlier, which seemed to only happen when running on batteries - went
> away on mains.

A single case.

> Typically would only tolerate FTP or data transfer for
> WWW in chunks of 50k or so

> Something to do with power control for the modem?

What does "typical" mean? More than 50% of all cases? Then consult the
mail archives from May this year onwards.

What is your exact problem? You don't say.

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl