[hsflinux] System crash

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

søn, 2002-11-17 kl. 02:18 skrev Christian Dahlberg ky75247:

> My system (debian 3.0), crashes when I try to connect to my ISP.
> I have tried both with kppp and wvdial with the same problem.
> I dont get any error messages before the crash.
>
> My kernelversion is 2.4.9
> and the driver is hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02110301.tar.gz
> The modem is from Aztech and has:
> Vendor ID = 14F1
> Device ID = 2F00

Do please read the FAQ (especially point 8)
http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hsf/faq.html and search the mail list
archives. I have the same modem chipset as you, and at present use
kernel 2.4.19 with full ACPI patches from kernel.org ans sourceforge -
and everything works well.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl