[hsflinux] problem with compaq pres. 700

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2002-12-07 kl. 11:58 skrev Mathias Weigt:

> I have a problem with a COMPAQ Presario 700 705EA (Athlon 4 1000).
> I downloaded the latest HSF Driver (SRC-RPM 5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02110301).
> Distribution is SuSE-8.0 and kernel 2.4.19-4GB with appropriate sources from
> SuSE-FTP.

Basically because I have more or less the same hardware as you and mine
works, have you looked at:

http://www.linux-laptop.net/
http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~berensch/compaq.html

I *have* to add, that I'm running Red Hat 7.2 with many updates. I
*have* to add that I compile my own kernels from kernel.org, my latest
version is 2.4.19 with the sourceforge ACPI patch. Marc Berenschot's
(see above url) sound patch is not necessary with my present kernel.

Mostly i use kppp, but wvdial works more stably (but is less pretty and
there's no accounting).

At present I'm running the HSF 02110301 tar.gz driver with hsfconfig
--nvram and no complaints (to speak of). 'uptime' gives me "up 11 days,
15:10,  6 users" at the moment, simply because I haven't had to shut
down the notebook to take it to any client.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw