[hsflinux] problem with compaq pres. 700

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2002-12-07 kl. 18:52 skrev Mathias Weigt:

> I recompiled the sources of the SuSE-Kernel and switched on ACPI (not modules
> as it was) and switched off APM as this is not supported by the machine.
> After installing the Kernel and (recompiling/) reinstalling the modem drivers
> it works now :-). I'm very happy.

:-))

> The only thing: ACPI seems not to work anymore - but this is a minor issue, I
> surely can solve sometimes.

Solve it as soon as possible. Both you and I have an "el Cheapo"
machine; if ACPI doesn't work properly, the cooling fan will burn out
and your processor will burn up. And Compaq/HP will say: "We designed
the machine especially for Windows XP, you are an idiot, we will not
honor the warranty."

Best,

Tony

--