[hsflinux] problem with compaq pres. 700

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2002-12-07 kl. 18:52 skrev Mathias Weigt:

> I recompiled the sources of the SuSE-Kernel and switched on ACPI (not modules
> as it was) and switched off APM as this is not supported by the machine.
> After installing the Kernel and (recompiling/) reinstalling the modem drivers
> it works now :-). I'm very happy.

> The only thing: ACPI seems not to work anymore - but this is a minor issue, I
> surely can solve sometimes.

Solve it as soon as possible. Both you and I have an "el Cheapo"
machine; if ACPI doesn't work properly, the cooling fan will burn out
and your processor will burn up. And Compaq/HP will say: "We designed
the machine especially for Windows XP, you are an idiot, we will not
honor the warranty."

Tony Earnshaw

When all's said and done ...
there's nothing left to say or do.