[hsflinux] Problem with gcc 3.2?

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tir, 2003-01-14 kl. 23:24 skrev Markus Gaugusch:

> Hi, I have an Ambit56k Softmodem in my vaio laptop (I had email contact
> about it with Marc 8 months ago or something). It worked ok (but I haven't
> used it for some time time), but now I'm using SuSE 8.1 with gcc 3.2.
>
> Although you seem to take care of it (reading your webpage), I suspect it
> to be a problem. Neither my 2.4.18 nor 2.4.20 kernel work (with or without
> acpi enabled) with the modem.

<snip>

> Any hints?

I can't comment on the debug output you quoted, apart from finding it
strange that no modem was detected. You might like to look at what
Mathias Weigt wrote about SuSE 8.0 on this list, starting 7th December
last. Although he has a Compaq with an AMD processor, his experience
could possibly help.

Best,

Tony

--