[hsflinux] hsflinux compilation problems

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

ons, 2003-01-15 kl. 15:04 skrev Daniel och Victoria:
> Hi all.
> I just upgraded parts of my system (gcc, kernel) to RedHat Phoebe and after that I get strange errors from hsfconfig. Attaching hsfconfig-buildlog.
>
> I'm currently running gcc 3.2.1, kernel 2.4.20-2.2, and the installed hsflinmodem is hsflinmodem-5.03.27mbsibeta02122600-1.i386.rpm.
>
> Hmmm... Maybe I'd better translate the errors to english. It's saying (only translating the interesting piece at the end):
>
> ostime.c:240: structure has no member with name "sigmask_lock"
> ostime.c:255: Too many arguments to function "recalc_sigpending_Rfb6af58d"
> ostime.c:275: structure has no member with name "sigmask_lock"
> ostime.c:278: Too many arguments to function "recalc_sigpending_Rfb6af58d"

I just asked my cat Billy who's my IT consultant. Something like a cross
between Garfield and Catbert. He says: «Han er rar, han der svensker.
Han burde lest med i lista. Det var andre gongen idag». In as much as he
can only speak Dutch and Nynorsk, I'd better translate:

He said: "You'd be better off trying the .tar.gz and compiling it with
the same compiler that you used for your kernel. That's the second time
today."

Best,

Tony

--