[hsflinux] NO CARRIER with Dell Inspiron 8200 HSF modem

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

søn, 2003-02-02 kl. 18:51 skrev Martin Buck:

> I'm trying to use the Conexant softmodem built into a Dell Inspirion 8200
> notebook with hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02061800. The notebook is
> running Debian 3.0, kernel 2.4.20.
>
> Everything seems to work fine, execpt for the most important step:
> Connecting to the other modem.

I can't help you because I have no idea about Debian. But for those who
might be able to, what exactly does "the other modem" mean?

Nor do I have a Dell Inspiron, but others with other Linux distros have
got it to work (search the mail archives. They only go back around 10
months). However, no-one ever metioned "the other modem" before.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw