[hsflinux] rpmbuild problem

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

søn, 2003-02-09 kl. 23:56 skrev Grahame Jordan:

> I am using  RH8.0 kernel 2.4.18-24.8.0.  There is currently no binary on
> the site for this kernel so I downloaded the source RPM.  However when I
> go rpmbuild --target athlon it just returns.

> [root at localhost /usr/src/redhat/SPECS]# rpmbuild --target athlon
> hcfpcimodem.spec
> Building target platforms: athlon
> Building for target athlon
> [root at localhost /usr/src/redhat/SPECS]#

>    PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
>       Vendor Id         : 14F1
>       Device Id         : 2F00

3 Specifics:

1: For 14F1:2F00 you need the HSFI driver, not the HCF;
2: The command that you gave is for building rpms from compiled source.
You need: 'rpm --rebuild rpmname.rpm'
3: I don't know whether the HSFI drivers work with RH 8.0, which has
been compiled with gcc 3.2. Certainly you'll have to switch off APM and
switch on ACPI for starters.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl