[hsflinux] Frozen computer?

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tir, 2003-02-11 kl. 20:09 skrev Daniel Eriksson:

> > 1238 [root:billy.demon.nl] / # hsfconfig -v
> > 5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02110301
> >
> > Doesn't freeze up my machine like the later ones, at any rate, and works
> > for the most part. Although hiccups occur with uploads now and again
> > (kill -9 pppd, killall kppp, hsfstop, restart everything). And the nasty
> > dmesg stuff reported by just about everyone - including me - doesn't
> > happen, either.
>
> Hmmm... I downgraded to this version and everything has been working
> fine. But today I got a freeze. Seems all versions have this bug, it
> just got worse in later versions...

Hmmm ... at the last count you were running RH a 2.4.20 kernel, was it
not? With gcc 3.2.1 was it not? And the HSFI driver actually works *at
all*?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl