[hsflinux] Re: hsflinux digest, Vol 1 #314 - 3 msgs

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

man, 12.05.2003 kl. 16.51 skrev Uli:

> patch -p1 <../acpi-20020726-2.4.18.diff
>
> After that i got the follwing message:
>
> can't find file to patch at input line 206
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
[...]
> (I am a linux newbie, so please dont write a too short answer)

Nevertheless, the answer is very short. Linux has "man". Do 'man patch'
and search (if your pager is 'less') for "-p" and read exactly what this
operator does to the pathname-to-patch in the diff file. Find where in
the directory tree the source is you wish to patch, and adjust the value
for -p accordingly.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

There's none so daft as them as will not learn.

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni at billy.demon.nl