[hsflinux] Call waiting

José Manuel Portela jmportela at ya.com
Fri Jan 30 11:05:50 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have call waiting active and I'd like the connection terminated when
there's an incoming call, allowing me to answer it. Does anyone know if this
is possible?

I've tried using AT+PCW=1 as the init string but it is not enough.
Apparently the modem does hang up, as the connection no longer works, but
pppd won't notice. Toying with the iddle-timeout and nopersist parameters
hasn't helped either.

By the way, please forgive me if I sound impatient, but I was wondering
if we can expect the modem on hold features any time soon. That would be the
perfect solution for me.

Thanks in advance