[hsflinux] modem dropout

Wayne Petherick wpetheri at staff.bond.edu.au
Thu Apr 8 09:56:21 EDT 2004

All,
I have finally got "nearly" all of the hardware on my Asus MN600B laptop
working thanks to many helpful souls in the linux community.  I have
searched hi and low for a solution to my problem with modem dropouts and
can't find one.  I am using the HSF modem driver from linuxant.com (in
trial mode) and want to buy the serial so I can connect at 56k instead
of 14.4.  The problem is I can't get more than about one minute out of
my connection before it drops out, killing any download and having to
redial a dozen times to finish loadinga web page.  This is expensive and
a but stupid.  The error message returned by kppp is 16 (which I think
is along the lines of modem dropped the connection.  Is there a
replacement  dialer I should try or is it something with the modem?

I have disabled my call waiting feature.

Any help would be great.

Wayne