[hsflinux] hsfmodem driver and software suspend 2 conflict

Pat Double pat at patdouble.com
Thu Aug 12 09:23:49 EDT 2004

I am having problems using the hsfmodem driver and the kernel patches from the
Software Suspend 2 project: http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/ . I can
compile the driver but when I run hsfconfig there is an error, please see the
last line in the snip below. I know you don't support patched kernels but I
was hoping to get some idea of where to start looking. The modem driver works
fine when the 2.6.7 kernel is patched for Win4Lin or using a vanilla 2.6.7
kernel.

Thanks.

--- snip ---
Conexant HSF softmodem driver, version 6.03.00lnxt04072900full

If you need license keys, assistance or more information, please go to:
        http://www.linuxant.com/

When reporting a problem for the first time, please send
us the file generated by "hsfconfig --dumpdiag".

No pre-built modules for: unknown-unknown linux-2.6.7-pat-r3 i686

Trying to automatically build the driver modules...
(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
[/lib/modules/2.6.7-pat-r3/build]

Building modules for kernel 2.6.7-pat-r3, using source directory
/lib/modules/2.6.7-pat-r3/build. Please wait...
done.
/usr/sbin/hsfconfig: Cannot find major device number for hsfdiag in range
240-249
--- snip ---

Pat Double, pat at patdouble.com
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."