[hsflinux] Dell Latitude D600: error installing hsfmodem_6.03.00lnxt04082400full_i386.deb

J M Cerqueira Esteves jmce at artenumerica.com
Sat Nov 13 22:49:59 EST 2004

Chao-Cheng Wu wrote:
> ' Since the command 'modprobe /dev/ttySHSF' seems to fail on your
> system for an unknown reason, please edit the file '/usr/sbin/hsfconfig'
> and change every occurence of 'modprobe /dev/ttySHSF' with 'modprobe
> hsfmc97ich' instead.'

Thanks.  I changed that starting from the .tar.gz, in
scripts/cnxtconfig.in, (using @CNXTTARGET at mc97ich instead of
/dev/ttyS at CNXTSERDEV@ as modprobe argument) and rebuilt the .deb with
`make debdist'.
Although /usr/sbin/hsfconfig came out with all the expected changes,
I still got the same.

    ERROR: no device detected by hsf driver

when installing.

By the way,  modprobe /dev/ttySHSF does not seem to fail here...

Best regards
                                   J Esteves