[hsflinux] hsf modem works now.. but very interesting

Cooldude onkars at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:54:18 EST 2004

hi,
i could not get the hsfmodem to install properly till now. so i
formatted my gentoo 2004.3 system, and installed slackware 10 and now
the driver works ..
some changes are
now in slackware i am running the 2.4.26 kernel..
and after i did make install inside the root sirectory i saw more code
compile in gentoo in about 3-4 seconds the compiling would stop after
make install command and here i saw much more and did take more time
about 5 seconds more.. so my question is .. was there some error in
the make install command
?
p.s jonathan even after upgrading to module-init-tools 3.1 i got the
same srror..
also could there have been some errors in the make.conf in my gentoo
config.. some cflags or something like that. i will most probably try
to install gentoo again and try.,. till then if anyone finds any hints
to this error feel free to posty and jonathan and guys.., waiting for
ur reply..
thanks,
onkars