[hsflinux] Developing a voice recorder on HSF2 aka CX11252-11 in Linux

osedda at adesso.za.net osedda at adesso.za.net
Wed Jan 26 05:57:17 EST 2005

Greetings..

I have recently been given the task of writing a dialer/recorder for my company and have struggled to get the modem to work. After many hours of surfing the net I have finally managed to get the new driver installed on a Linux box running kernel 2.6.10-1.741_FC3. The driver the modem is using is the all new hsfmodem-7.18.00.02full

After playing a bit with the udev permission I finally managed to get PHP via Apache to talk to the modem and dialing seem to work, but now I am stuck. How / Where do I get started on the voice side of things... ?

Is it a normal sound device that I can configure somehow, or is there no support for it yet.. ? I can't seem to find anything on voice for this modem. Can any of you guys steer me in the right direction... I just want to open the voice device, read from it and then save the file. I don't think I need much help with the codeing side of things, but the config of this modem has made me relize that I am not all THAT clued up on Linux device configuration and driver installations, but I am a very fast learner..

It should be rather simple or am I wrong...

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Willem P Botha