[hsflinux] *very* slow free modem

Levi Waldron onemorenut at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:35:09 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:12:28 -0500, Linuxant support (Jonathan)
<support at linuxant.com> wrote:

> this is not normal that it is this slow. Do you obtain error messages in
> your 'dmesg'?

Only one mention of HSF, which doesn't look too bad.  I was going to
attach the output of dmesg at the end of this email, but I somehow
didn't copy it over to the win partition... can send later.

> Please make sure that your kernel was compiled without the
> following options:
>
> ---
> CONFIG_4KSTACKS
> CONFIG_PREEMPT

Uh oh...

#CONFIG_4KSTACKS is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y

should I recompile the kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT off?

> Did you tried to connect to another modem to see if there is a difference?

Unfortunately this is the only Conexant modem I have.  I was
successfully using a Creative USB softmodem until it broke (hardware
breakage), using the Creative driver.

thanks,
-levi