[hsflinux] hsf driver not active

desp desperado1 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 20:50:16 EST 2005

i'm using mandrake 10.1 official download edition with kernel
my modem is an olitec with hsf connexant chipset, and was working before
compiling the kernel.
the only disagriment was that i had to run hsfconfig as root to enable
/dev/modem each time i reboot the computer.
after i compiled my kernel, i tried the rpm version for my kernel, then the
"last chance" tar.gz version of driver,  the hsfconfig gave the following
error :
[root at localhost sc]# hsfconfig
Conexant HSF softmodem driver, version

If you need license keys, assistance or more information, please go to:

When reporting a problem for the first time, please send
us the file generated by "hsfconfig --dumpdiag".

Warning: existing driver modules found under:
Would you like to keep using them? [no]

No pre-built modules for: Mandrake-10.1 linux- i686

Trying to automatically build the driver modules...
(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
[/lib/modules/] /usr/src/linux-

Building modules for kernel, using source directory
/usr/src/linux- Please wait...

ERROR: hsf driver not active
[root at localhost sc]#
what should be done?