[hsflinux] help me! not sure why i get so many errors

matt bodley mattb at mkjb.com
Mon Jun 20 04:09:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

I basically tried to use all the different techniques there.

The chipset is a Conexant HSI 56k HSFi modem (rev 01) / Conexant
Dynalink 56PMi / Speedcom

I tried the deb package first, then tried the .run file (which does the
same thing) and then tried the .tar..

They all seemed to have the same errors, then just for fun (?) I tried
the HCF drivers which seems to just have a few errors but as I expected,
didn't detect the modem cos its the wrong type.

Then I tried some of the remotely applicable patches and they resulted
in the same errors.....

It's kindof strange because so many people just plug in their system and
it works!!!

If you have a solution let me know, I'm pulling my hair out over this..

Cheers,

Matt