[hsflinux] Conextant HSF modem

R Talbot sqlpython at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 26 16:32:27 EST 2005

 I have purchased and installed the hsflinux modem driver.
License details

    Software name / version:  Modem driver license
    Date Purchased:  2005-11-26

    Registration ID:  6F33-B37C-02C0
    E-Mail Address:  talbotrobert at sbcglobal.net
Xandros Description:
Modem pci = 0x8086, 0x24c6, 0x14f1, 0x5422
            desc = 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller
            Kernel drivers=8250_pci snd-intel8x0m hsfmc97ich slamr
            manu= Intel Corp.
           Class = 0x070300

Machine is a Dell 5100 Inspiron Laptop Conextant HSF Modem
  Xandros installs and sees the modem as Inte SmartMC winmodem
and then installs as device link /dev/tts/Winmodem0 which links to
 /dev/ttySHSF0
 I am using Xandros Debian and the Modem did work with their generic driver.
However although I could dial and connect to the internet the fax programs
 efax-gtk    fax2send   and  kfax/efax  would not dial the modem.

 So, I decided to try the Linuxant driver and bought it.
The fax programs still will not dial the modem.???????????

 The Xandros dialer will not see or load the Linuxant drivers in particular
when it installs the modem.
  From the above Xandros Description which driver is being used.
Appears as if the Xandros Linux is being used as default.
The Install does not have an AT terminal so I can check out AT reponses.
Can you recommend one for Debian installs.
 When I enter  cat /proc/driver/hsf/0/lastcallstatus
all I see is the attempt and connect to the internet and no attempt by the fax
programs.
  I need some help debugging the driver modem relationship.
  I want to be able to dialup the internet and Fax.
Please Respond
Thank You.
Bob
Bobsdell#: cat /proc/driver/hsf/0/lastcallstatus
<#UG VERSION=3>
<DRIVER VERSION=hsfmodem-7.18.00.03full>
<CALL SETUP RESULT=Detected Data Answer Tone>
<MULTIMEDIA MODE=Data Only>
<DTE-DCE MODE=Async data>
<V.8 CM="">
<V.8 JM="">
<RX SIG PWR DB=0, TX SIG PWR DB=0, S/N RATIO DB=0>
<RTD=-3>
<TX MOD=V.92, TX SYMBOL RATE=3200, TX CARRIER FREQ=1829>
<RX MOD=V.92, RX SYMBOL RATE=8000, RX CARRIER FREQ=0>
<TX FIRST RATE=26400, RX FIRST RATE=49333>
<CARRIER LOSS=0, RATE RENEG=0>
<RETRAINS REQ=0, RETRAINS DET=0>
<TX FINAL RATE=26400, RX FINAL RATE=49333>
<PROTOCOL=LAPM>
<EC FRAME SIZE=100>
<EC LINK TIMEOUTS=0>
<EC LINK NAKS=0>
<COMPRESSION=V44>
<COMPRESSION DICTIONARY SIZE=800>
<TX FLOW CONTROL=2>
<RX FLOW CONTROL=2>
<TX CHARS SENT FROM DTE=4CE>
<RX CHARS SENT TO DTE=376>
<TX CHARS LOST=0>
<RX CHARS LOST=0>
<TX FRAME COUNT=7>
<RX FRAME COUNT=19>
<TX FRAME ERROR COUNT=0>
<RX FRAME ERROR COUNT=0>
<TERMINATION CAUSE=DTR drop>
<CALL WAITING EVENT COUNT=0>
<LSD Vdd=0, Power Bits=0>
<V8BIS DSP VER=0>
<RATE RENEG REQ=0, RATE RENEG DET=0>
<RBS=0, AltRBS=0>
<DIG PAD DET=0, DIG LOSS EST=0, IMD RATIO=0, SPEED DROP=0>
<HS CNT=0, Det1=B5, Res1=4, LAPM=5>
<EQM=0, TRAINING EQM=0>
<HandShake Time=17.795>

<DIB ERROR COUNTERS=0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0>