[hsflinux] Thinkpad Z60m modem problems with Fedora 4

Dave dcottle at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 18:41:02 EST 2006

I have a brand-new Thinkpad Z60m, and I am unable to get the modem
working with Fedora Core 4. The modem is detected as busy when I try to
use the modem with kppp,

I installed the hsf drivers using the rpm file, and several modules
starting with hsf are listed with lsmod. /dev/modem is linked to
/dev/ttySHSFO, which seems highly unusual, but I don't know what the
proper link is.

The hardware seems to be detected in XP, but I can't tell if the modem
is detected by Fedora on booting the operating system.

Any ideas on where to look next?

DC