[hsflinux] New driver worked in FC5test1

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Feb 9 11:10:36 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 10:44, Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the new version of the HSF modem driver still requires a kernel with a
> larger stack size than 4K in many cases. When the final version of
> Fedora Core 5 will be released, we will start to provide 16K stacks
> pre-compiled kernels packages in the same way we offer them for Fedora
> Core 2, 3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x.

I have used my modem with 4K stacks  since they were introduced  and have not
had any issues.  no offence  but the 16K stack kernels  are a bad idea.  I
would say make the driver work with 4K stacks in every case is much better
long term.  It means  that you can concentrate  on supporting your core
business and not a whole bunch of complete kernels  for different distros.  I
know upstream will send any bugs relating to kernels you have compiled  to
you.   that is a huge burden.

Dennis