[hsflinux] hsf driver conflicts with sound and acpi

Yevgen Groza ygroza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:34:59 EST 2006

hi,

I have a problem with HSF modem driver with my laptop. Seems there is a
conflict between the modem driver and ALSA/ACPI. When i boot with ACPI
disabled, my modem works, but with no sound. In case I boot with ACPI
enabled - the sound works, but modem doesnt.

Here's the basic data of my laptop and modem:

acer 4102wlmi
modem device id 266d, vendor id 8086

I use Suse linux 10.0 with the default kernel 2.6.13-15.8. Also tried
kernel 2.6.13-15 - problem is the same.

I have the 7.18.00.07 driver. Tried to use the new 7.43.00.01 - but it
doesnt work at all - either i have ACPI disabled or not.

Would appreciate your help.

Yevgen