[hsflinux] hsfmodem-7.47 driver blocks suspend to disk on SuSE 10.1

wojciech.szenajch at bull.com.pl wojciech.szenajch at bull.com.pl
Tue Jun 27 13:55:09 EDT 2006

I have successuflly installed
and configured it with YAST, and kinternet. I was able to connect to
internet with hsfmodem.

But after installation Suspend to disk hangs after displaying the following

Stopping tasks:===========================...========|
Shrinking memory... done (89588 pages freed)

After removing hsfmodem package my laptop successfully does suspend to disk

Laptop HP nx9010, Mobile Intel Celeron 2.4GHz
MemTotal: 645932 kB

OpenSuSE 10.1 with the latest patches installed for day 27.06.2006

Before installing latest patches SuSE 10.1 quite often hanged during
suspend to disk,
but was able to do it from time to time. Now it always hangs.

Attached "hsfdiag.txt" file:
(See attached file: hsfdiag.txt)