[hsflinux] hsfmodem-7.47 driver blocks suspend to disk on SuSE 10.1

wojciech.szenajch at bull.com.pl wojciech.szenajch at bull.com.pl
Tue Jun 27 13:55:09 EDT 2006

I have successuflly installed
hsfmodem-7.47.00.01full_k2.6.16.13_4_default-1suse.i586.rpm.zip
and configured it with YAST, and kinternet. I was able to connect to
internet with hsfmodem.

But after installation Suspend to disk hangs after displaying the following
messages:

Stopping tasks:===========================...========|
Shrinking memory... done (89588 pages freed)

After removing hsfmodem package my laptop successfully does suspend to disk
process.

Detatils:

Laptop HP nx9010, Mobile Intel Celeron 2.4GHz
MemTotal: 645932 kB

OpenSuSE 10.1 with the latest patches installed for day 27.06.2006
(including
powersave-0.12.18.-0.2)

Before installing latest patches SuSE 10.1 quite often hanged during
suspend to disk,
but was able to do it from time to time. Now it always hangs.

Attached "hsfdiag.txt" file:
(See attached file: hsfdiag.txt)

Wojciech