[hsflinux] [BUG] hsfmodem-7.47.00.01: hangup, deadlock?

Paul Drynoff pauldrynoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:30:06 EDT 2006

Recently, I try your "free" version of hsfmodem-7.47.00.01.
It works - this is great.
But  now and then it freeze all system,
in particular if I have long time connection, like 3 hours,
the system is freezed by your driver with 70-80% probability.

This is very painfull, my Linux box with your driver works like windows 98:
I have to reboot, reboot and reboot.

After freeze even "Num Lock" doesn't work, and I don't see
any mention what happend in /var/log/message after reboot.

For me it looks like deadlock in "without interuptions" mode.

I look at your FAQ, and yes, I have AC97 soundcard on board (NForce2).

May be you can compile your driver with Ingo Molnar's lockdep patches and
debug and send it to me, so I can test it?

PS

Your hsfconfig install bad rules for new version udev,
you have:
$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/hsf.rules
KERNEL="ttySHSF0", SYMLINK="modem"

should be
KERNEL=="ttySHSF0"

this cause not creation of modem symlink after reboot.