[hsflinux] Installation problem HSF modem driver

Bujic Nikola balokin at sezampro.yu
Thu Jul 27 18:26:01 EDT 2006

I have Slackware 10.1 installed, and US Robotics Conexant modem . I was
downloaded drivers from linuxant. Installation process was OK before I
typed hsfconfig, after that I got next on screen:

/To complete the installation and configuration of your modem,/

/please run "hsfconfig" (or "/usr/sbin/hsfconfig")/

/bash-3.00# hsfconfig/

/Conexant HSF softmodem driver, version 7.47.00.01full/

/ /

/If you need license keys, assistance or more information, please go to:/

/        http://www.linuxant.com//

/ /

/When reporting a problem for the first time, please send/

/us the file generated by "hsfconfig --dumpdiag"./

/ /

/No pre-built modules for: Slackware-Slackware linux-2.4.29 i686/

/ /

/Trying to automatically build the driver modules.../

/(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)/

/ /

/Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running
kernel?/

/[/lib/modules/2.4.29/build]/

/ /

/Building modules for kernel 2.4.29, using source directory/

//lib/modules/2.4.29/build. Please wait.../

/depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.29/extra/hsfosspec.o/

/depmod:         cpu_khz
/

/
/Does anybody have some suggestions for solving this problem?

Best regards