[hsflinux] Dmix stops working

Novensiles divi Flamen noven at sincorp.org
Fri Jul 28 14:57:44 EDT 2006

I have an intel-hda STAC9200 inside an Inspiron 6400.

I am using 2.6.17-r2 kernel with gentoo and suspend2 patches.

In kernel Alsa version 1.0.11

My problem is that since installing the modem driver and using your indel-hda
modules dmix no longer works. .asoundrc should no longer be needed to enable
dmix, according to the alsa site if it doesn't work it is a bug.
http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc .

So before I go playing around with a .asoundrc is this a known bug with your
module or should it work as is?

If it is a known issue what settings need to be in the .asoundrc to enable the
modem to continue functioning properly?

- Noven
--
-- Novensiles divi Flamen