[hsflinux] driver crashes on amd64

Gour ggdasa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:31:29 EDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Linuxant support (Jonathan) <support at linuxant.com> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

a few users have reported this issue as well, and for some unknown
> reason, it seems that gmail.com triggers the bug.

Huh, that's interesting...

It is quite possible a modulation bug and since the next release of the
> driver will likely have
> a modulation code update, it is possible that the next version of the
> driver will fix this issue.

Great!

In the meantime, please try with each of the following init. strings, is is
> possible that one of them will solve the problem:

 I just returned back to my adsl connection and so far I can report that:

AT &F W1 +ER=1; +DR=1; +MS=V90,0

was OK, i.e. I didn't experience any crash...

AT &F W1 +ER=1; +DR=1; +MS=V90,1

the machine became frozen...

AT &F W1 +ER=1; +DR=1; +MS=V34,0

OK.

The rest of the options I did not have time to test yet, so yo ucan expect
followup soon.

Sincerely,
Gour