[hsflinux] Trying to install on DELL Inspiron 1300

Fernando Barajas fernando.barajas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 18:07:09 EDT 2006

Hi!  I'm trying to install your conexant drivers on a Dell Inspiron
1300 with Ubuntu Linux 6.06 (Dapper).

I downloaded cnxtinstall.run and tryed:

#sh cnxtinstall.run -- --tty

and I get the following:

Detecting all PCI and USB devices in your system... please wait...
Done.

Supported Device Detected
=========================
Name: Conexant HD Audio modem
Needed package: hsfmodem

System Information
==================
Kernel version: 2.6.15-26-386
Kernel architecture: unknown

Recommended Action
==================
The following package should be installed: hsfmodem

As you can see, the modem is detected as a hsfmodem, but afterwards,
at the end of the install, I get:

Warning: no device detected by hsf driver - HDA modems may require reboot

Note: HDA support not compiled in the driver

Note: kernel module snd-via82xx-modem overridden by hsfmc97via
Note: kernel module snd-intel8x0m overridden by hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
Note: kernel module snd-atiixp-modem overridden by hsfmc97ati
dpkg: error processing hsfmodem (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 123
 hsfmodem

So I can't install it.  What else can I try?

Thanks!

--
Fernando Barajas Díaz-Lozano		  ICQ: 7237681
fbarajas at nuestroweb.com			  MSN: fbarajas at sistec.com.mx
www.nuestroweb.com			  Y!: barajasfernando
Cel: (044-222) 319-1678			  JABBER: fbarajas at jabber.org