[hsflinux] problem after update

Michel Kerszberg mkersz at ccr.jussieu.fr
Sat Sep 23 18:54:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I use SuSE 9.2 and recently updated the kernel to  2.6.8-24.25-default. I also
installed the hsfmodem rpm for this distro, a process I have performed several
times without problem.

Now this time I cannot go beyond

--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.54.0
--> Cannot open /dev/modem: Device or resource busy

(as root, this becomes "No such file or directory"; the file /dev/ttySHS0 indeed
does not exist). I have uninstalled, reinstalled, several times and with
different methods, run hsfconfig, all to no avail. The boot messages do not show
any missing modules. As per the FAQ I have done

# modprobe /dev/ttySHSF
FATAL: Module snd_hda_intel not found.

dmesg doesn't show any hsf-related info that I can identify.

I can mail the contents of hsfdiag.txt if this can help ...

Thanks for any clues,

Michel

--
  Michel Kerszberg