[hsflinux] hsfmodem on Mepis 6.0 and Dell Inspiron 1300

Pedro Blom registreramig at yahoo.se
Mon Sep 25 21:52:33 EDT 2006

I can't get the hsfmodem driver to install properly.

Acording to:
# uname -r

This should be the right package to install:

When I try to install I get this as apart of the messages:

Pre-built driver modules that seem compatible with your system were found
Would you like to use them? [yes]
Warning: Module snd_hda_intel is in use
Warning: Module snd_hda_codec is in use by snd_hda_intel

Warning: no device detected by hsf driver - HDA modems may require reboot

Note: HDA support not compiled in the driver

Note: kernel module snd-via82xx-modem overridden by hsfmc97via
Note: kernel module snd-intel8x0m overridden by hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
Note: kernel module snd-atiixp-modem overridden by hsfmc97ati

As mepis 6.0 uses the Ubuntu Dapper repos I have also tryed the ubuntu package
with the same result.