[hsflinux] hsf softmodem / intel sound driver not unloading properly

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Mar 3 20:40:19 EST 2007

Dear Listmembers,
I installed the drivers for my modem:

SOFT=8086:27d8
Codec=HSF
VendorID=0x14f12bfa
CODECp=14f1
CODEC=
COD=
HDA=1
IDENT=hsfmodem

from linuxant; I used hsfmodem-7.47.00.07full_k2....suse.i586.rpm what
(nearly) works. I saw the latest version published and would like to ask some
questions here:

the above mentioned driver has ugly issues with unloading when doing a suspend
to ram / suspend to disk operation. If kmix is running the sound driver you
provide does not unload and hangs the system when going to sleep.
I found a workaround by killing kmix and restarting it always, but this is not
the way how things ought to work. This behaviour is annoying. Now I saw more
"up to date" drivers on the distribution, has this issue been fixed / is this
issue known?

You can see this behaviour from the file I attached (hsfdiag.txt.bz2). The
intel sound driver does not unload.

Many thanks for your support.
Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)