[hsflinux] Volume control issues..

Rodrigo Luiz rodrigo at editau.com.br
Thu May 3 14:39:25 EDT 2007

Hi Lewis.

I had this exactly issue that you.

The problem is: The hsf modules need to comunicate to the sound module
to modem works. And to make that, the Linuxant made a patch in alsa
drivers to do this communication between the sound modules and hsf
modules. And with these patches, they created a fork of alsa hda tree in
modules/GPL/hda directory.

When the Linuxant was creating this partial fork, the alsa project was
still developing the sound module to support conexant chipsets. So,
microphone and jack conectors isn't suported at that time. But now, in
alsa dev tree, this works perfectly. To test this, you can do
downloading the last kernel -mm.

So, to resolv this issue, I made my own patch to merge the last changes
in patch_conexant.c of alsa project to apply in Linuxant tree. Now, all
functions of my sound card works (ie. jacks, microphone, mute..etc) and
modem too. :-)

I will tomorrow send my patch for you to be able to test. And because
other people are passing for the same issue.

Regards,
Rodrigo.

Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo Luiz - Coordenador Técnico