[hsflinux] HSF as a fax answers the phone but doesn't beep

Harvey Coward harvey at mortgage-advice-centre.co.uk
Sat May 5 10:17:06 EDT 2007

Hi Jonathan,

In message <46377B35.9090504 at linuxant.com>, "Linuxant support
(Jonathan)" <support at linuxant.com> writes
>Hi,
>
>the problem doesn't show up in this log, at least, the problem is not
>obvious. The modem driver seems to behave correctly.

What is supposed to happen after these lines below? Whatever is supposed
to happen isn't happening.

>> May 01 13:36:31.13: [ 2031]: ANSWER: FAX CONNECTION  DEVICE '/dev/ttySHSF0'
>> May 01 13:36:31.13: [ 2031]: STATE CHANGE: ANSWERING -> RECEIVING
>> May 01 13:36:31.15: [ 2031]: <-- data [32]
>> May 01 13:36:31.15: [ 2031]: <-- data [2]

By the way, am I supposed to be using a 2 or 4 wire connector to the
phone line (I have tried with both).
--
Best regards
Harvey Coward

Email communications are not secure, for this reason Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd
cannot guarantee the security of the email or its contents or that is remains
virus free once sent.

This email message is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must
not copy, distribute or take any action in reference to it.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete
the message from your system.

Slough Mortgage Centre is a trading name of Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd,
Registered Office "Willsgrove", 10 The Chimes, Dean Close, High Wycombe, HP12
3HR. Registered in England, number 04460564. Consumer Credit Licence 570377.

Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd is an appointed representative of The Mortgage
Partnership (MK) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority.