[hsflinux] ACPI/APIC problem with POWEROFF after installing HSF driver.

Szob szob at gazeta.pl
Fri Sep 7 11:54:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

First, thanks for your prompt answer.

> for HDA modems, the HSF driver has to disable all the HDA related
> modules from the original kernel and it provides it's own version of these
> modules.

Yes, I noticed that.

> In other words, it can affect a HDA sound device and it's
> great that in your case, it did solve a problem.

Yes. Seems like your modules are more mature than those of the current release
of ALSA.

> For the suspend problem, if you use the 'hsfstop' command in a root
> shell before suspending, does it solve the problem?

In fact, it DOES solve the problem! Such a simple solution!

I added this command to my rc.local_shutdown script and tested it, and it
works perfectly. It unloads all the modules and kills all the processes using
these modules, thus resolving the hardware resource conflict.