[hsflinux] Intel HDA sound card alsa driver with hsfmodem driver

Lewis Hopfe lmhopfe at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 15:08:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've posted a similar problem with the modem driver and my laptop
modem on the hsf board sometime back. My issue had to due with sound
playing through the speakers when the earphones were plugged in. Last
spring a guy on the board mentioned a patch that he had come up with,
but I think he was having some issues getting it to work as there was
a change in the alsa code or something. You might want to look back
and see if you can locate his posts(mar/apr I think). Perhaps there
is something there that will help you.

Anyway, I keep thinking that Linuxant will deal with it in their next
release, but they haven't released anything new since may. I'm sure
they are aware of the problem. I just don't understand why they can't
issue a patch or something.

If you come up with something please let me know. I'm growing very
tired of installing the modem driver when I need it and uninstalling
it when I don't.

Lewis