[hsflinux] AMD Turion 64 not supported?

Victor Farazdagi victor at afcomponents.com
Thu Sep 18 17:23:43 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am really linux novice, so please bear with my explanation. I have a
Conexant HSF modem (to be exact it is Conexant AC97 HD Audio Soft
DF,SmartCP) which I should be able to use under linux thanks to your
driver. However, as I am on AMD Athlon Turion, I am unable to install
your driver to my box, here is the source of error (when I run hsfconfig
after make install):

Makefile:25: *** WARNING: Trying to compile kernel modules on a
AuthenticAMD system while the installed hsf driver package is for
x86_64, this is likely to fail... ***

I am on Slackware 12.1 (kernel 2.6.24.5), so I had to compile from sources.

Could you please let me know if my architecture is supported in
principle? And if not, is there any options except for obtaining "real"
modem?

Thanks,
Victor