[hsflinux] Problem using cnxtinstall.run with Debian Linux For Conexant HSF 56K Data/Fax Modem

John A. Hart Jhart at customstaffing.com
Tue Aug 9 12:43:13 EDT 2011

PCI ID:  14F1:2F20  14F1:200F

System Info:

Kernel version: 2.6.32.5-686

Kernel architecture: x86

Attempts to load the Conexant HSF Softmodem driver Installer version
1.0.3

ERROR: The generic package is not compatible with this system since
kernel modules can't be compiled.  There is also no pre-compiled package
avaialable for your kernel.

./precompiled-vs-generic:  36:  let:  not found

A component required by the generic package is missing on your system.
Please install the 'kernel-headers-2.6.32-5-686' command.  Then, try
again to run this installer.

When I attempt to run sudo apt-get install kernel-headers-2.6.32-5-686,
it is unable to locate package kernel-headers-2.6.5.686.

I was able to load linux-headers-2.6.32-5-686, but I saw nothing related
to 'kernel-headers. . .' when it completed.

Rerunning sh cnxtinstall.run does not change the result.  Where can I
locate the kernel-headers-2.6.32-5-686?

Thanks,

John Albert Hart  |  CIO / Ofc. Mgr.

The Custom Group of Companies

228 East 45th Street, 12th Floor  New York, NY  10017

Ph. 212.818.0300  |  Fx. 212.297.0226

jhart at customstaffing.com   |  www.customstaffing.com

Temporary     Consulting     Direct Hire     Executive Search

Office Services  |  Legal |  Accounting and Finance |  Technology  |
Healthcare  |  Payroll

Women-Owned Business Enterprise